Followers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Work Crap

There's a few things I think about at work. Really I think about them a lot. But its only because of the people that come thru. Here let me explain......

We open at 11:00a.m. Which people slowly start showing up  (very normal) there is a few people that are there everyday close to the same time order the same thing (our regulars) sometimes the times may vary. Its like a treat to themselves (that's how I look at it) everyone deserves to treat themselves. But what I can't for the life of me understand is how certain people (their are a few) can be there anywhere from 2 to 3 times a day. (yes I kid you not) they show up for lunch, then of course to have to feed your kid after school so dinner and then so up later for something else wither a frosty or a sandwich of some kind. I tend to ask myself don't you care for your health not to mention the health of your child? I myself only do the fast food for my family every once in a while, not everyday for every meal. Which I'm sure if we sold breakfast the same people would be up there. Its pretty bad when a person that doesn't even work for the company is there almost as much as the workers. OK on the or hand yes that is my paycheck that they are paying for but dam really it is a little crazy don't you agree?

Last night we got swamped at work so me being in drive thru well I was on my own. (ok no big) Well I was getting big orders then of course every once in a while I would get someone that ordered 1 thing. well of course getting 4 drinks, 4 sandwiches, and 4 fries, plus taking orders its take a little bit of time. I'm only one person I can only be in one place at one time. I had this guy come thru all he wanted was a chocolate shake no cherry on it. No biggy, whatever... Well it took me a little bit ti even get his order in the system, we got him cashed out thru the back window one of the guys had a quick sec where he could make the shake for me (I was in the middle of taking yet another order) my crew member set the shake on the spot by the window and went back to the customer's he had. I grabbed the stuff that we hand out with the shake told the guy I was sorry about the wait. (then figured on to the next order) WRONG!! The guy wouldn't take the shake instead me started to make a big fuss..He asked me to take the lid off since had to wait. I informed him that I couldn't since it was a health code and I couldn't  afford to have a fine like that. Of course he wanted his money back and bitch about how he would be writing a letter blah..blah..blah..so i got him his refund I tried giving him his shake even after he got his money back nope he wouldn't touch it cause the lid was still on the cup.(childish all this over a fuck lid) The guy continued to rip me apart  (mind you my manager is standing out of sight just listening and seeing how i handle all this crap) finally I had enough (I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to punch the guy in the face) so I told him I was sorry that I couldn't take the lid off and that I was sorry that he felt like he would never be coming back to this store. (thinking in my mind your a fucking asshole among other things) That's all he wanted was for me to say i was sorry (even thou i could careless) he happily drove off. Then my manager came around "Angela you handled that very well!" With a smile on his face. With a smile on my face I told him to go fuck himself I was going outside for a smoke break. He busted up laughing but of course let me go. To top things off we found out later that night from the DM if the customer is being that much a a dick we can take the lid off as long as we don't touch the rim of the cup. I told my  manager that I would have taken the lid off and when handing it to the guy it would have some how fell "OPS maybe if you had a lid that wouldn't have happened!!" He got a kick out of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment